maandag 20 september 2010

Commitment

I cannot give up myself for you
nor do I want yours.
I cannot change my life’s goals for you
nor do I want you to change yours.
What I can do for you, for us, for a
relationship consisting of you and me
Is to be a friend, companion, lover
A sharer of space and time
A comfort, support, giver.
Yet I can only do this if you do the same,
as a relationship is built of the givings of two.
To be settled and strong in this way,
gives peace of mind and soul …

So energies can be spent on our
purpose and not the constant
struggle of surrendering into love.

Of your own free choice you, too,
must enter this bond ~ or else there
is no bond.
It’s all the energies of the universe
that we are confronting by calling on love.
It takes deep understanding and
a strength so powerful.
A commitment of love, purpose, goals
that can be united and separate ~
overlapping.
There cannot be anything less for us.

~ Joni Frankel

een van mijn mooiste overgenomen teksten, Sonja, 1982, er staat copyright op

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten